The Q4 holidays season sale is just around the corner and any e-marketer can expect the growth of up to 10-15% hike in sales volume over the last year. The effect of advertising on Amazon has increased by more than 100% this year. The increase in advertising means more competition on the platform for your potential customers. You can be highly competitive, especially during the holiday season with the help of aggressive advertising campaigns that generate high returns.
Here are some advanced Amazon advertising strategies you can choose to have an advantage over your competitors –
- Early Advertising – You should always follow the “always-on” approach strategy, which will help you continue to collect data and frequency about your buyers or potential customers. Following this practice will help you in targeting the customers, and the products work for you to achieve your sales goals.
- Promotional Strategy – You must have a plan of action as per your research for the products you are going to promote. We suggest having both of your top-selling products and less popular items to drive an increase in traffic to the detail pages. It also depends on your entire catalog and your annual goals.
- Long-tail Keywords – Using keywords in your sponsored ads is essential to get maximum ROI. Usually, at the time of holiday season sale, the competition is high, which increases the bidding cost of the keywords. You should use a mixture of both short and long-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords are much cheaper and more relevant to the products. This approach is worth giving benefit to the return on advertising spend.
Important dates to remember –
- Halloween – Thursday, Oct 31, 2019
- Thanksgiving – Thursday, Nov 28, 2019
- Black Friday – Friday, Nov 29, 2019
- Cyber Monday – Monday, Dec 2, 2019
- Christmas – Wednesday, Dec 25, 2019
- Boxing Day – Thursday, Dec 26, 2019
- New Year’s Eve – Tuesday, Dec 31, 2019
Most important tips for your promotional advertising and activities-
- Amazon PPC/Sponsored Ads – Pay per click is an excellent service to help your products frequently become visible to your target audience on the Amazon marketplace. Sponsoring ads for your products during holiday season sales can increase the sales volume. You can achieve excellent results from your pay per click ads by doing the following –
- Maintain a record of top-ranking keywords relevant to your products
- List of products you want to advertise
- Set your campaign budget
- Focus on the target and bidding strategy by carefully observing the prices for keywords
- Monitor and optimize your ads regularly
- Discounts and Deals – You should always focus on the behavior of the customers. Deals are the best profitable ways to flash sale for your products. There are various deals in which you can participate to promote your products. You can create the deals through your seller account under grow your business section.
Few important points for deals –
- You can register the deals on the discounted prices
- Register a month or a two weeks before the sale
- Focus on promoting your main products
- Important deals are lightning deals, best deals, etc
Discount is the pricing strategy to attract more customers towards your products. You can offer a flat discount on your products or can go by providing an additional product.
For example –
- Buy 2 get 1 free
- Get 1 T-shirt on shopping of Rs. 999
- Campaign set up – On busy holidays like Black Friday, Cyber Monday following with thanksgiving and Christmas, it is not easy for you to manage everything efficiently. However, campaigns are an essential part of your advertisement. We suggest taking the help of a virtual assistant will help you better to achieve your sales goal.
- Social Media – Promoting on social media is always a tricky task. The better ways are to get it promoted, taking the help of influencers. Try adding value with the information of your product to your target customers and make them follow a link to your e-commerce catalog.
- Backend search terms – Another essential thing to be focused on is your backend search terms which will help you in reaching out to your target audience. Amazon’s algorithm suggests that listing optimization with best-performing keywords is the most reliable component to make your products more visible to buyers.
Your advertising strategy and operations team should be highly active during the busy holiday sales season. From planning inventory, keywords to your storefront for season sale, you should now be ready with your plan of action to achieve your Q4 and yearly goals.
You can also read our recent blog on ESSENTIAL TIPS TO SMASH YOUR Q4 E-COMMERCE MARKETING PLAN WITH PROFIT-DRIVEN DEALS/SALES that goes over this in more detail for organic promotion and listing. If you are looking for taking the help of virtual assistants, you can contact us to set up a free consultation.